Monday, December 1, 2014

Distant Lovers

     Yesterday, I was in complete emotional shambles and he, was the reason why. Being miles away from your significant other is hard work, but if you all are really “meant to be,” the difficulty is worth it. However, when you all’s time together comes to an end and you have to go your separate ways, it physically hurts, especially when a voice, text messages and memories are all of what you’ll have of them until the opportunity comes for the two of you to make more.

     My wish is for everyone to have that crazy and unexplainable, yet completely justifiable mix of emotions I was experiencing yesterday. To have an encounter with a love so heavy that you have no clue what to do with yourself. To leave things exactly how they left them because that misplacement of items is the only tangible thing you’ll have of them before you meet again. To be emotionally disoriented for hours on end after sharing your “until next time” kiss because that next time seems like forevers away, but at the same time, exponentially grateful for the piece of themselves they gave you while they were here. To remember the full feeling that the kisses, hugs and days spent in bed watching bad TV gave you; to silently think to yourself, “Dang, I want this forever,” while you deeply inhale their scent, and methodically exhale so that it has enough time to leave its impression on your brain. 



     This type of functionality is what I have hoped for since deciding I wanted something serious, and all I can do is thank God that He chose me to entrust this piece of Him to. I am so completely comfortable and recovered, and feel as though I have met my soul mate. He is my confirmation that I am good, and my motivation to be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment