Thursday, August 15, 2013

What Would You March For?

      In the spirit of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, interns with the National Urban League  (one of which happens to be my friend Tyler Breland) made a video asking a few questions about pressing issues which challenge the Black community to do a reality check. After watching this video, I urge you all to ask the same things. As an English education major who has a passion for equality, I would march for equal footing in the classroom, especially when it comes to our Black boys. I would march for teachers' rights to expand outside of preparation for testing and tailor their curriculum to meet the needs of their students. I would also march for an increase in programs that offer clearance of mind to youth who live in areas where contentment with being static is status quo.

Even though I won't be in attendance *sad face*, I do look forward to the stories that I'll hear from the friends who will be there.

Enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment