Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The "Rehearsal Chick"

I read: "Men have Rehearsal Chicks." 

Naturally, I read on because I had never read anything like this before.


"They aren't side hoes, they aren't jump offs; these are girls they meet and treat like their real girlfriends but never give the title." 


I could've stopped right there but I read on, mainly because we had consistently agreed that we were "friends", "working towards a relationship." 

I then read: "This is practice for his potential soul mate. Their Main chicks won't be easy to f*ck so why put the focus on p*ssy." 


At this moment, I'm dying a little inside. While it is true that I have never had sex with any of the men I had put in the running for contenders as my boyfriend, there was still intimate stuff shared that I had never shared with anyone, and in my mind that is equivalent to allowing someone to caress my soul....because trusting someone enough to invite them to the inner depths of me, was doing just that.


"Women can be used for more than just their vagina."


I said, "If she's talking about money, I ain't got none of that. I'm a 20 year old BROKE college student, so what in the world can I POSSIBLY be used for?" I then read on...

"Men can't come out and cry on each others shoulder's cause simp behavior is not accepted."

"So they move on to the next female they meet to get over the last."
"They rehearse with the new girl because honestly they aren't ready to give her the title of girlfriend."
"Eventually that rehearsal chick will gain his trust and his heart will heal enough to be in a relationship again."
"But more times than not, it won't be with the girl that helped him get over his ex."
"Men appreciate the nursing back to full strength but once those Danger Room exercises are complete, it's on to a main chick."
"You love him he's your boo aww how cute! Accept it, he chose another b*tch over you!"

At this point my bottom jaw has been on the ground for close to two or three minutes. I just go on ahead and grab that shoe because that sh*t fit perfectly! For close to a year, I had told myself that I was "The Trainer" because I would be so kind and gentle and patient with these broken men and then they move on, never asking if I would do them the honor of being their girlfriend or anything. In all of my 20 years, I have never even had the courtesy of being taken on a date even though I had put so much energy and effort into them. But this woman, Mimi Larrieux, had put a real title to what I was going through and even though it hurt my feelings, it was that OG wisdom that makes you wanna do better and be better because you are no longer blind to reality. 


The thing I must focus on now is my change in action. How in the world am I going to make sure this never happens again? I know I am more than deserving to be someone's significant other and there are plenty of men who would be more than happy to place me on that pedestal with no qualms. It's just unfortunate that I have had run-ins with men who didn't believe that. Do I mask my beautiful spirit that seems to seep through my pores even when I put on my hardest grimace? Or do I just become like everyone else and develop trust issues and expect the nexts to use me as a Bob the Builder for the Soul just as the lasts? 


I'm just kidding, I'm naturally loving and trusting so that would probably work for like two weeks *laughs*.


Gosh y'all...I don't know. 


The beautiful thing about life though, is that it is continuously teaching us and granting us wisdom while we live it. I have learned from MY mistake, will continue to build myself back up and keep it moving the best I know how, because honestly, that's all I can do. 

As always feel free to leave any comments, suggestions and questions below or email me at emynee.garrett@gmail.com! I love interacting with my readers!XOXO

And PLEASE go follow the woman who acted as life's teacher and is the inspiration behind this #BellePost @MIMI_LARRIEUX on Twitter!


4 comments:

  1. Geez...I don't know how I feel about this. That is so cold. SMdoggoneH! I would be so hurt and messed up by this.

    All I can say is that you are a strong sista to not let this stop you or taint your view of love and relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement and while it did hurt my feeling sit was a lesson and that is what's most important! I refuse to let a couple of bad apples ruin the bunch! Thank you so much for reading again XOXO

      Delete
    2. Wow that really puts things into perspective. It kind of is a scary thing to grasp when you truly think about it but I knew about this for a while now. A guy told me and my best friend the low down on how guys work exactly with women and I had to say he said some pretty insightful things.

      Like for example, more than likely if you're dating a guy, you are not the only one he has in mind as a potential. Nine times out of ten, you are like the fifth or six chick if not more than that and he's taking each woman and seeing who fits and who is basically a throwback. And every woman usually has major differences which he uses to make a decision and along the way uses these women, whether emotionally, sexually, or intellectually or all three until he finds the one who completes him the most. And the other girls are left to wonder what happened or what went wrong. And usually there is nothing you did or nothing you could have done to change the decision and usually you will never know why he cut you off. Now that was hard to hear but its true and having gone through it, I know that it is really true and it cuts like a knife.

      And this concept that you shared I feel is real and very present and it leaves a lot of girls crushed and unable to truly trust and be open in a relationship with the next man. I know with my share filled of hurt that it will take a long time for me to open up my heart.

      But I really respect your strength and determination and positivity. Its taken me a while now to get over my own hurt and rejection but I'm starting to see now that God closes doors for a reason and if you try to go banging your way back through a closed door, you're only going to be left with bruises and scars that will run deep and hard.

      Delete
    3. Sheesh...that's real, especially coming from a man's point of view. Thank you so much for reading and leaving so many wonderful comments on my posts. It's really encouraging to know that what I have to say is getting out there! I'm gonna try to do better with the distance in works now that I know this lol...thank you again! XOXO

      Delete